Welcome to Fedewich & Witt, Notaries Public
We are a family business that has been providing legal services since 1978. Our main areas of practice are transfers of real estate, mortgages, wills and powers of attorney however we offer many other services for individuals and businesses as well. Please see our list of services for more details.
We pride ourselves in the relationships that we have established over more than four decades in business. We get to know our clients and they get to know us. Legal work can often be confusing and we try to communicate in plain language and to offer straightforward solutions. Small things add value to service and that is where we excel. When our clients are satisfied they refer their family and friends. That is the way that we have developed our business and how we plan to grow in the future.
What Services Can A Notary Provide
"Great people with great knowledge, professional service, affordable pricing..." Kenni Z
"On all occasions they met and exceeded my expectations..." Jesse S
"They go the extra mile to ensure your needs are handled promptly. I would not use anyone else..." David P
"Extremely professional, knowledgeable and truly cares about her clients..." Brendan G
MASKS AND APPOINTMENTS REQUIRED
Below are some of the risk mitigation measures we are taking to help protect you and the community during this time.
1. We require clients to wear a mask or face shield to their appointment. If clients do not have a mask, then we will provide one. If a client cannot wear a mask for health reasons then we will arrange to have meetings by phone, email or Zoom video conferencing to reduce the need for in person meetings. Additional fees may apply for Zoom video conferencing.
2. We require that all clients book appointments so that we may record full names and contact information for contact tracing purposes. Also, when booking the appointment, we can better schedule people coming and going to minimize contacts between clients and to allow for cleaning surfaces between clients.
3. When booking an appointment, we will be asking clients to identify if they have travelled out of the country within the past 14 days. If a client has recently returned to Canada, their next appointment will be scheduled for no sooner than 2 weeks after their return date. We are following contact tracing guidelines.
4. Our office is following screening protocols as directed by the BC Health Orders. If a client tests positive or has been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or they are experiencing symptoms of the virus (fever, dry cough, difficulty breathing) we are asking that they cancel their in person appointments immediately. We can conduct business at distance by meeting through video conferencing, or in some cases, by witnessing clients sign documents outside of our office with appropriate protective equipment and barriers in place.
5. To aid in social distancing between clients we ask clients to arrive as close to their appointment time as possible to limit time spent in the reception area. We will ask youto wait outside the office or in your car if our reception area has more than 2 people in it. Please do not bring other people to your appointment who do not need to be there.
6. Our meeting room tables are over 2 meters long and you will be asked to sit at one end of the table and the notary at the other.
7. Our meeting rooms will be cleaned between each client with a bleach and water solution and we will clean the counters and other areas throughout the day. We ask that clients use our complimentary hand sanitizer when entering the office. If signing documents, we will ask that you bring a pen with black ink with you. If you do not arrive with a pen one will be provided for your use and the pens are cleaned with a bleach solution between use.
8. Last but certainly not least if you feel at all unwell please stay home. We are happy to re-schedule your appointment to promote the health and safety of yourself and others. If you have a deadline to meet and you are unwell, please speak to our staff and we can meet with you outside of our office under more controlled conditions